Happy Friday! I feel like this week flew by! Which is actually a good thing, because my Joseph has two huge ginormous weeks off! WHAT!??? I know, it’s pretty awesome, right? We have some fun adventures planned, but more about that later. Let’s make some yummy, easy-peasy, no-rise bread!
I am just in love with easy quick bread recipes. I really enjoy a good yeast bread, but I super duper hate all the work. So quick bread recipes are always nice, especially an easy one like this.
The other night I really wanted something sweet. But there wasn’t anything in the the house that I wanted to eat…haha you know what I’m talking about. Well I threw a bit of this and that together, and I came up with this simple recipe. I tried to add in some healthy ingredients as best as I could, so this bread doesn’t make me feel too guilty. It’s moist, gooey, and oh-so-good when it’s warm!
So without much ado, here is the recipe!
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup stevia or sugar (I used stevia)
1 cup buttermilk OR 1 cup milk plus 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 apples diced
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together butter, greek yogurt, honey, stevia, and the egg. Add milk, wheat flour, white flour and baking soda. Blend until completely combined.
3. Peel and dice the apples, and add 1/3 cup of sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
4. Pour about 1/3 of the batter into a greased loaf pan.
5. Add half of the apple mixture.
6. Pour half of the remaining batter into pan. Add the remaining apple mixture. Top off with the remaining batter.
4. Mix in a small bowl the sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Sprinkle on top of batter.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool slightly before removing from pan.
7. Slice off a piece and enjoy it warm and gooey! These work great as muffins too 😀
Let me know if you try this recipe!